Re: st: three-level xtreg

Subject   Re: st: three-level xtreg
Date   Wed, 29 Jun 2011 12:10:21 -0400

A random effect model would be estimable with

xtmixed incorr spanish otherl bmi dep bmi_p50 bmi_p80 popbmi || aid: || scid:

For a fixed effects model, you need to decide which level you will be
having your fixed effects at, as it does not make sense to have more
than one level. If you have them at personal level, then the school
effects are not identified (think about the dummy variable
interpretation: the school dummy is the sum of the student dummies).