st: A problem while dealing with massive amount of data

From   Mayank Mishra <mayankm16@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: A problem while dealing with massive amount of data
Date   Tue, 28 Jun 2011 13:49:10 +0530

Hello all,

I have around two thousand .csv file in a folder which I need to clean
and save as stata .dta file. For this I am running a loop in which
-insheet- command takes up a file, then it gets cleaned and saved.
There is a variable named "option_typ" which is used twice in the loop
while cleaning. The problem is, in some files this variable is named
as "optiontype". For those files, this do file gives an error and loop
stops as it cannot find a variable named "option_typ". What makes it
worse is that I don't know, which file have different variable name
than used in the do file. So, please tell me what I can do for this
situation.

Thanks a lot

OM