Re: st: dynamic panel - bootstrapped Sargan and exclusion tests

From   Bernardo Schettini <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: dynamic panel - bootstrapped Sargan and exclusion tests
Date   Tue, 28 Jun 2011 00:25:47 -0300

Dear Stas, see the program below:

program define boot_sargan, rclass
xtset newid year
xtabond2 y1 l(1/3).(y1 y2 y3), gmm(l.y1 l.y2 l.y3) twostep robust noleveleq
return scalar sargan = e(sargan)
end
bootstrap sargan = r(sargan), reps(10) idcluster(newid) cluster(id): boot_sargan

I have written it in an attempt to bootstrap the Sargan statistic. But
that won't do it, since the model is missespecified under the null
(see Stas comment below). Any clues on how to generate the correct
empirical critical values/p-values? Stas suggested wicked whitening or
pinkening, but I have no idea on how to implement that.

Thank you.