Re: st: problems with "set statatmp"

From   Alan Riley <ariley@stata.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: problems with "set statatmp"
Date   Mon, 27 Jun 2011 10:05:26 -0500

Hannelore De Grande Hannelore.DeGrande@ugent.be is trying to change
Stata's temporary directory:
> I'm trying to make use of the following faq
> http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data/statatmp.html but when I write
> set STATATMP = (path), STATA doesn't recognize 'set STATATMP' en gives
> following error: r(199). Is someone familiar with this problem?

Hannelore is trying to set the STATATMP environment variable from
within Stata.  This is not possible.  All advice in the referenced
FAQ is for setting the STATATMP environment variable in the operating
system.

Instructions are given in the FAQ for doing so under Windows,
Unix/Linux.  Hannelore should take a look at the FAQ again now with
the understanding that all instructions in it refer to the
operating system, not to Stata.

Alan
ariley@stata.com