st: How to determine bandwidth in ivreg2?

From   ling jin <>
Subject   st: How to determine bandwidth in ivreg2?
Date   Sun, 26 Jun 2011 14:42:12 +0800

Dear Statalisters,

I use "bw(#)" combined with "robust" in the command "ivreg2" to
address heteroskedasticity and autocorrelation. What's the criteria to
determine bandwidth?

A simple note for the choice of bandwidth I've read is "T^(1/3)" in
Baum, Schaffer and Stillman (2007). Do you know why? Is the rule used

Thank you so much!

Baum, Schaffer and Stillman (2007): Enhanced Routines for Instrumental
Variables/GMM Estimation and Testing