st: fitting curves in regplot

From   Arti Pandey <rtpandey@yahoo.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: fitting curves in regplot
Date   Sat, 25 Jun 2011 09:54:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hello
I am trying to fit curves after regression using glm. I am following Nick's
various online documents, especially the paper "Speaking Stata: Graphing Model
Diagnostics", The Stata Journal,2004, 4 No. 4, Pg 449-475". I am trying to get
the fitted curves to look like those in the paper. Choosing "lowess" for
plottype looks better but regplot doesnt allow us to play with bwidth.

So my question is to Nick and anyone else who followed that paper, how can
mspline give such a perfect curve there. For example. the curve fit by type
shows perfect linear for one type, would mspline show that.

Appreciate help on this.
Arti