st: Insheet drops some part of long characters

From   Mike Kim <>
Subject   st: Insheet drops some part of long characters
Date   Fri, 24 Jun 2011 17:05:15 -0500

Hi all,

I tried to import a long list of authors with other variables using insheet:

insheet using "C:\Data\authors.csv", clear

I found that Stata (IC, ver. 11) imports only up to "East" of
"Easton,Geoff" in the last line of the following data, for example. Is
there any way I can import all characters? I plan to split the names
by semicolon(;) using "split" command.

Data example:
A.;Fern,Edward F.;Bao,Yeqing;Chang,Chingching;Cook,Daniel
Thomas;Kim,Jonathan S.;Baek,Seung;Cho,Sungbin;Mulvey,Michael
S.;Stern,Barbara B.;McLoughlin,Damien;Easton,Geoff;Wakefield,Kirk
L.;Stone,George W.;Anderson,Laurel

Thank you for your help in advance.