st: RE: label the variables

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   st: RE: label the variables
Date   Fri, 24 Jun 2011 13:57:14 +0100

I am not really clear on what you want here but it doesn't register as corresponding to  any particular command. What is clear is that you would need to specify such distinctions yourself somehow, as Stata itself doesn't stamp variables in this way.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Nahla Samargandi

Thank you for your help. Actually what I meant regarding label the variables into groups, that I remember there was a command give this option , but unfortunately, I cant remember it well.
when I type
 gen helper= var helper*********************
it gives me this massage
var not found
r(111);

I want to put my variables into groups to be easy to choose among them when I run the regression
,
for example
dependent*******************
y1
y2
y3
explanatory********************
x1
x2
x3
control var*****************
x4
x5

could you help me to find the command for this.

Meany thanks,

it let your variabls apper like this