Re: st: stata files in linux

From   Neil Shephard <>
Subject   Re: st: stata files in linux
Date   Fri, 24 Jun 2011 09:08:42 +0100

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 4:45 PM, amir gahremanpour <> wrote:
> thank you Neil,
> I use Unity desktop and tried some of the options from Ubuntu forum, did not work ! perhaps Unity has some tricks or I am missing something in the command lines

I've no idea, I don't even use Ubuntu, let alone Unity, sorry.

Really this is an Ubuntu issue of file associations rather than a
statistical or Stata issue, so perhaps registering and asking in the
Ubuntu forums would be more fruitful as people who use it are more
likely to know.

“Truth in science can be defined as the working hypothesis best suited
to open the way to the next better one.” - Konrad Lorenz

Email -
Website -
Photos -