Re: st: ivreg2 and endogeneity

From   Michele Mancini <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: ivreg2 and endogeneity
Date   Thu, 23 Jun 2011 23:08:34 +0200

Thank you for your help. X1, X2, X3 and X4 should be very good instruments.
The t-test for these in the first step are above 40 in every case.
So they're not weakly identified and I look at the overid test of all
instruments, saying that something's wrong because the null is
rejected.
I think that the exclusion restrictions are fine because they're also
used in the literature.
If I treat X1 as an included instruments I get:  X1 is not
significant, Hansen reject the null and the endogeneity is not true.
If I drop X1 I get: the others instruments are not weak, Hansen accept
the null and the endogeneity is true.
Should I drop X1 and conclude that fd is endogenous? I can't manage to
solve this question.
Thanks again

Michele Mancini