st: Test main effect (Beta) with significant interaction

From   Ricardo Ovaldia <ovaldia@yahoo.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Test main effect (Beta) with significant interaction
Date   Thu, 23 Jun 2011 07:41:23 -0700 (PDT)

I have a linear regression model where my variable of interest interacts significantly with another variable. How do I test whether my variable of interest is significant (beta~=0)?

For example:

y=Bo + B1(x1)+B2(x2)+B3(x1*x2)

I want to test B1=0 but B3<0.05.

Thank you,