Re: st: xtmixed with nonrtolerance. What happens?

From   Stas Kolenikov <>
Subject   Re: st: xtmixed with nonrtolerance. What happens?
Date   Thu, 23 Jun 2011 10:21:25 -0400

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Joerg Luedicke
<> wrote:
> Your model did not converge using the default convergence criteria and
> with -nonrtolerance- you just turned off that default criteria
> (though, I do not know what criteria is used instead?). However, you
> should be very cautious with regard to the results.

My understanding it is a combination of -tolerance(1e-6)- for the
coefficient vector and -ltolerance(1e-7)- for the objective function.
I was trying to figure it out a few weeks ago, and I too found
-nrtolerance- convergence criterion to be the most difficult one to
satisfy. I reduced its influence by rescaling it.

Stas Kolenikov, also found at