Re: st: constant variable as IV in panel?

From   Austin Nichols <>
Subject   Re: st: constant variable as IV in panel?
Date   Thu, 23 Jun 2011 08:29:25 -0400

Matthias Opfinger <>:
In such a case, you are using only between variation, and it is more
intellectually honest to run a cross-sectional regression for one
point in time, or possibly to compute a long difference using a pair
of years (estimating a cross-sectional regression in changes rather
than in levels), depending on which assumptions are more plausible
(plausibility comes from theory not from the data).