RE: st: RE: constant variable as IV in panel?

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   RE: st: RE: constant variable as IV in panel?
Date   Thu, 23 Jun 2011 11:28:39 +0100

I see. In principle, that percent could change minutely from year to year in some cases if you defined climate using a moving window. In practice, it would be a substantial project in itself to define such a variable and unlikely to be worth it given your larger project.

Matthias Opfinger

Thanks for the remark. Actually I try to instrument national identity.
The instrument I want to use is the percentage of the land mass in
temperate climatic zones. In a cross section that worked quite well, but
I'm not sure how to use this in a panel setting.