RE: st: Accessing and using *.do file filename

From   "Seed, Paul" <paul.seed@kcl.ac.uk>
Subject   RE: st: Accessing and using *.do file filename
Date   Thu, 23 Jun 2011 11:18:34 +0100

Nancy Briggs <nancy.briggs@adelaide.edu.au> asked :
>>I am looking for a way to capture the name of the *.do file I am currently
>>using so I can display it in the
>>output file I create.  c(filename) returns the most recent data file, and
>>dir *.do does list the *.do files in the current directory, but I can't seem
>>to extract the current *.do file's name.

The simplest way is to include the do file's name as a comment
immediately after you open the log file.
An alternative approach (and much more convenient) is to
always give the log file the same name as the do file.

All this (and more) can be stored in standard file dummy.do,
which can be quickly opened, revised using search & replace & then saved
at the start of any job.

***********************
* dummy.do
* Written : ...