st: Estimating choice models at the individual level

From   "Data Analytics Corp." <walt@dataanalyticscorp.com>
Subject   st: Estimating choice models at the individual level
Date   Tue, 21 Jun 2011 10:40:51 -0400

Hi,

I have a discrete choice model to estimate for a client that I originally planned to estimate as an aggregate model using clogit. Now the client is asking for results for many segments of the respondents which would mean, if I stayed with my original plan, I would have to estimate a large number of models. I could certainly do this, but I'm thinking that it would be better to estimate a Hierarchical Bayes model to get coefficients for each individual respondent. This way, I could pull put the people I need for a particular segment and use just those coefficients. Sawtooth's program for MaxDiff can do this. Is there any Stata program to do an HB estimation for a discrete choice (logit) model?

Thanks,

Walt

Walter R. Paczkowski, Ph.D.
Data Analytics Corp.