st: Problem with xi and xtivreg2

From   Juan Pablo Cote Baron <jp.cote63@uniandes.edu.co>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Problem with xi and xtivreg2
Date   Sat, 18 Jun 2011 18:40:13 -0500

Dear statalist users,

I have a problem when using the xi: xtivreg2... combination. I need to regress "x" on "w", an instrumented variable "y" and on year dummies. I typed this:

xi: xtivreg2 x w i.year (y = z), fe robust

but it doesn't work. Instead, I get the error message "too few variables specified r(102)", but I don't know what the problem could be (the syntax works when I use it with another cathegorical variable different from year) .

Thanks in advance,

Juan Pablo Cote.