st: Discrete choice analysis considerations

From   Donald Spady <dspady@ualberta.ca>
To   Statalist Statalist <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: Discrete choice analysis considerations
Date   Thu, 16 Jun 2011 11:46:09 -0600

Dear all
  Not strictly a Stata question, but one the answers to  which I hope will give me some insight.

We are designing a discrete choice experiment study to assess the trade-offs between waiting times and choice of surgeon. Attributes are waiting time, referral to surgeon, willingness to travel and surgeon reputation (Levels are poor reputation, good reputation, and don't know).
Pretesting with 9 individuals has shown us that patients do not choose any combination of attributes that contain the level of 'poor surgeon reputation'.  In a DCE, if no one chooses any scenario that includes 'poor surgeon reputation', what are the statistical implications?

Many thanks

Don Spady

Donald Spady

--