st: Graph: Control plot region- contract, not expand

From   Amanda Blakely Delp <>
Subject   st: Graph: Control plot region- contract, not expand
Date   Thu, 16 Jun 2011 11:13:24 -0400

Hello all,

I'm trying to create a fairly simple graph- just a scatterplot
overlayed with a linear prediction.  My problem is that I can't seem
to control which area of the graph to display. I know I can expand the
plot region, but there doesn't seem to be a similar code to
force-contract it.

All I care about is the 1-10 region on my scale (x-axis), where some
outliers are outside of this region.  Of course, if I drop these
outliers, the graph region cooperates.  Is it possible to crop the
display region without dropping the observations which determine the
behavior of the linear prediction?  Like a way to force the command
"xscale(range(0 10)"?

Ideally, I'd like to compare 2 graphs-- one with the outliers, and one
without, but only along the smaller region of the x-axis.

Many thanks-