RE: RE: st: Valid instrument test for exactly identified regression

From   DE SOUZA Eric <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: RE: st: Valid instrument test for exactly identified regression
Date   Wed, 15 Jun 2011 19:29:03 +0200

Mark,

You're getting mixed up concerning who said what. It was Etanbay who wrote that.  At the end of Etanbay's message was Thanks - Eric, which is what got you confused.

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Schaffer, Mark E
Sent: 15 June 2011 19:20
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: RE: st: Valid instrument test for exactly identified regression

Eric,

It's not that no one bothers.

It's because it's IMPOSSIBLE.

I briefly explained why in my earlier email, but if you want a formal proof, you can find such in many respectable textbooks.

I'm on the road and my textbooks aren't within reach ... maybe someone else on the list can provide some references and quotes?

--Mark