Re: st: tukey/dunnett procedures

From   Steven Samuels <sjsamuels@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: tukey/dunnett procedures
Date   Tue, 14 Jun 2011 21:57:30 -0400

Rich-

In Theresa Boswell's dunnett.ado (-findit-), there is a section:

        /* Call oneway and save mse and df */
        qui oneway `resp' `fact' if `touse',missing
        local mse = r(rss)/r(df_r)
        local df = r(df_r)

If you can substitute the proper values of the MSE and degrees of freedom from your nested ANOVA command and meet the other requirements of -dunnett- (e.g. equal numbers per group), I think that will do it. Perhaps you can supply the same numbers to -princomp- or -smileplot-.

Steve

Steven J. Samuels
Consultant in Statistics
18 Cantine's Island