Re: st: FW: Adding a scalar to a graph note

From   Phil Schumm <pschumm@uchicago.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: FW: Adding a scalar to a graph note
Date   Tue, 14 Jun 2011 08:22:44 -0500

On Jun 14, 2011, at 8:15 AM, Phil Schumm wrote:
On Jun 14, 2011, at 6:34 AM, Barry Quinn wrote:
Is it possible to add a scalar which has been created from the results of a test ( in my case it's a ranksum test) into the note of a graph using some Stata code ?

Yes, you can use Stata's expression evaluator inline.  For example:

   scalar foo = 12
   sc y x, note("The value of foo is: `=foo'")

Oops, I read your question too fast. If you are talking about a scalar stored in r(), then these can be accessed directly (i.e., you don't have to bother with the evaluation). For example:

    sc y x, note("The z statistic is: `r(z)'")

-- Phil