RE: st: FW: Adding a scalar to a graph note

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   RE: st: FW: Adding a scalar to a graph note
Date   Tue, 14 Jun 2011 14:20:13 +0100

You can also combine the two syntaxes

local foo2 : display %06.2f foo

Phil Schumm

On Jun 14, 2011, at 6:34 AM, Barry Quinn wrote:
> Is it possible to add a scalar which has been created from the
> results of a test ( in my case it's a ranksum test) into the note of
> a graph using some Stata code ?

Yes, you can use Stata's expression evaluator inline.  For example:

     scalar foo = 12
     sc y x, note("The value of foo is: `=foo'")

The other alternative, as Oliver noted, is to place the value into a
macro instead.  One advantage of this approach is that you can apply a
display format to the value, if desired.  For example:

     . local foo: display %06.2f 12

     . di "`foo'"