st: Re: Analyzing time series data on prices by districts & markets

From   Partho Sarkar <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: Analyzing time series data on prices by districts & markets
Date   Mon, 13 Jun 2011 20:00:06 +0530

Dear Dr, Cox,

Many thanks for the prompt reply.  I am replying to you directly
partly because I am not sure how to post a follow-up (please excuse me
if this is inappropriate)

The data looks like this:

date	state	mkt	dist	price
1	Asm	Ca	ach	1700
1	Asm	Ka	ari	1450
1	Jha	Du	umk	1185
1	Jha	Pa	aka	2400
2	Asm	Ka	ari	1750
2	Ker	Ch	hir	2000
2	Ker	Ch	hir	2400

And the first step of the answers for this example would be

#mkts= 5	#dist=6	#states=3

Best regards,

Partha S. Sarkar
Consultant Econometrician