st: longitudinal data

From   "joshua liwindi" <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   st: longitudinal data
Date   Sun, 12 Jun 2011 15:38:21 +0000

Hi all,
 I would like to get a hint in the easiest way to analyse this data, am not very good in STATA and more so with Biostatistics.
 I have a data set with data from an anti-malarial study with 3 arms placebo(SP), and two active arms, (SP+AS3) and (SP+AS2).
 gametocytes count is measured at days 0,1,2,7,14,21 and 28
The dataset is presented in a wide format
am intrested in effectiveness of treatment on gametocytes count and its prevalence during the 28 days
 1. How do i calculate odds ratio and proportions and  2. p values of (SP vs AS1) and (SP vs AS2) and
 3. Corresponding p values of difference in the prevalence in those two groups with their respective 95% confidence intervals for the days above.

 Do I need to change the data set to a long format or I can do all this analysis with the current wide format.