Re: st: asking probability distribution for survival

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: asking probability distribution for survival
Date   Fri, 10 Jun 2011 09:03:11 +0200

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 7:39 PM, Yusvita Triwiadhian S. wrote:
> as i know,in survival anlysis there is any 3 ways, non parametric
> analysis, parametric and semi parametric. is it right?
>  how do to choose it? i mean, what condition,we can use non
> parametric, parametric or semi parametric ?

You think about the question you want to answer and the data you have
and than you look for the best strategy to link these two.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen