st: Clustered, longitudinal data with ordinal outcome

From   Wayne Sandholtz <wayne.sandholtz@uci.edu>
To   Statalist <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: Clustered, longitudinal data with ordinal outcome
Date   Thu, 09 Jun 2011 13:09:42 -0700

I have panel data for about 140 countries, with yearly observations for each country. The panels are unbalanced (more years for some countries than others), but for each country the years are continuous (no missing years in the middle). The dependent variable is ordinal (1 - 5).

I am using GLLAMM to take into account the within-group dependence of observations. My question is, does GLLAMM take into account the longitudinal nature of the within-group data? Or do I need to include a time variable in the model in order for the estimation to take into account the time-ordered nature of the observations?

Or is there another model that I should consider?

Many thanks for any help,

Wayne Sandholtz