Re: st: Comparing weighted and unweighted distributions via Chi2 test

From   Fatih Unlu <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Comparing weighted and unweighted distributions via Chi2 test
Date   Wed, 8 Jun 2011 19:10:13 -0400

I think you might be able to "trick" Stata to take your nonresponse
weights as if they were created as a result of propensity matching and
use "pstest" to do the test you have in mind. I would recommend,
however, considering a more qualitative way of assessing whether using
nonresponse weights yields substantially different results than not
using them as the results of these statistical tests would highly
depend on your sample size (e.g.., in a small sample, you may fail to
detect substantial differences). For this purpose, you can use
"standardized differences" or "effect sizes" (see
http://ies.ed.gov/ncee/wwc/references/idocviewer/Doc.aspx?docId=19&tocId=8
for more information).

Hope this helps,

Fatih.