Re: st: estimates table: xtnbreg

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: estimates table: xtnbreg
Date   Tue, 7 Jun 2011 11:17:45 +0200

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Muhammad Anees wrote:
>  I have estimated xtnbreg with pa, re and fe models with IRR. I need
> to export the IRR from these models to Word and use estimates table
> command which can then be copied and pasted as a table to MS Word or
> Excel. But there arises an issue with the results. When I use
> estimates table after the above models with IRR options, it tabulates
> coefficients from the models and does not tabulates IRRS. How can, one
> do that for xtnbreg with IRR and tabulate IRR instead of coefficients
> using estimates table command.

I would use Ben Jann's -estout- package for that. To get it type in
Stata: -ssc install estout-. For working with Word you can use the
.rtf format, which can be directly read in (almost) all versions of
Word. The other thing you need to know is that incidence rate ratios
(IRRs) are just the exponentiated coefficients. The generic name for
such an option is -eform-, and -esttab- (part of -estout-) contains
that option. Below is an example:

*-------------------------- begin example -------------------------
webuse airacc, clear

xtnbreg i_cnt inprog, exposure(pmiles) irr
est store re

xtnbreg i_cnt inprog, exposure(pmiles) irr fe
est store fe

xtnbreg i_cnt inprog, exposure(pmiles) irr pa vce(robust)
est store pa

 esttab re fe pa using c:/temp/example.rtf , eform rtf
*------------------------ end example --------------------------
(For more on examples I sent to the Statalist see:
http://www.maartenbuis.nl/example_faq )

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis