st: Scaling of variables

From   "Achmed Aldai" <Hauptseminar@gmx.de>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Scaling of variables
Date   Tue, 07 Jun 2011 09:10:45 +0200

Hi

I have to do an analysis with balance sheet data of several firms (gvkey) and want to scale some of the variables by total assets(at). E.g. total liablities, earnings, and so on. Is there a way that I can do this with one command and not do it for each variable since I have around 40 and that would take a lot of time. Still I dont have to scale all of them by total assets. The company (gvkey) and industry specifications for example should stay unchanged.

gvkey           at           lt
1001            1120         231
1001            1230         312
1210            57           32