st: RE: Drop observations in panel data if equal

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: RE: Drop observations in panel data if equal
Date   Sun, 5 Jun 2011 16:15:36 +0100

Achmed Aldai is currently asking very similar questions. I suggest you look at the answers Achmed is getting to learn some technique.

Diana Beketova

I have a very big dataset containing static corporate information for
Chinese companies (listed/delisted company, company ID, legal form,
NACE-code, SIC-code, NAICS-code) for years 2002-2011. I downloaded data for
this range of years, in order to see if some of these variables changed over
time. Now I would like to clean my dataset from the same observations.
Hence, I would like Stata to identify (this should be done simultaneously)
if, for example NACE-codes, SIC-codes or legal form of a specific Chinese
company, changed for years 2002-2011; and if not: Stata should drop the
observations for years 2002-2010 and only keep the last one for 2011. If of
course, observations changed, the whole range of years should be kept in the