Re: st: browse in stata 11 - order of variables

From   Sergiy Radyakin <>
Subject   Re: st: browse in stata 11 - order of variables
Date   Sun, 5 Jun 2011 13:39:17 +0100

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 12:23 PM, Laura R. <> wrote:
> Dear Stata Users,
> in older Stata versions, one could look at the data using -browse-.
> Clicking on a certain variable and an arrow one could move this
> variable to be in column 1. That way, one could arrange 2 variables
> one would like to compare next to each other. I have not found this
> option in Stata 11 - can anybody hlep, please?

Hello Laura,

to compare two variables side-by-side type the following command:
browse var1 var2
For example:
sysuse auto
browse price weight

Question to StataCorp:
Would it be possible to make -browse- sensitive to order of the
variables in the varlist?
So that "browse price weight" and "browse weight price" work differently? Also
"browse price weight *" to push the specified variables to the first
columns, then the
rest of the variables.

Thank you, Sergiy Radyakin