st: Contemporaneous correlation in unbalanced panel

From   "Guha, Mahua" <>
Subject   st: Contemporaneous correlation in unbalanced panel
Date   Sat, 4 Jun 2011 18:15:29 -0400

I am trying to check for contemporaneous correlation after running xtreg, fe in my highly unbalanced panel data set in STATA 11.
But, I am getting an error message: "too few common observations across panel. No observations. r(2000)"
Can you suggest any solution?