st: transformation of variables

Subject   st: transformation of variables
Date   Sat, 04 Jun 2011 09:26:03 +0200

I am running a regression model and the Rampsey Reset Test tells me that my model is not correctly specified. I am guessing that there might be a non-linear relation between my dependent variable and some of my independant variables. Since my model is too big I cannot use graphs to find the "right" relation or transformation for my variables. Is there any way that I can use the ladder-command to get a suggestion from stata how to transform my variables in order to meet the linearity assumption?

Or do I just have to try all the possible transformations and re-run the regression and the Reset-Test?

Thanks a lot & Best Regards,
Cornelia Haag