Re: st: RE: problem with regexm leading to "regexp: unterminated ()" error for all observations

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: problem with regexm leading to "regexp: unterminated ()" error for all observations
Date   Fri, 3 Jun 2011 10:06:35 -0400

Jamie

I get no error when I cut and paste from the Wikipedia  page, but I get no matches either.  I wouldn't expect matches, because Stata's regular expression parser doesn't recognize the {} repeat function.  (I do get matches with BBEdit's regular expression parser.)  So you'll have to implement this outside of Stata.

Steve
[email protected]