Re: st: panel data xtmixed vs xtreg

From   yuying shi <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: panel data xtmixed vs xtreg
Date   Thu, 2 Jun 2011 09:59:53 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks very much! Another question is : is there any way to control for the endogeneity problem when using xtmixed?  I checked the xtmixed manual, but could not find it. I can certainly use a two stage least square by regressing the endogenous variable on other exogenous variables first and then substitute the predicted value back, but would xtmixed implicitly assume all variables are exogenous?

Best,
Sunny