Re: st: predict

From   Chiara Mussida <>
Subject   Re: st: predict
Date   Thu, 2 Jun 2011 18:08:51 +0200

Dear Richard and you All,
I simply want the coefficients (of my covariates) which allow me to
get the predicted outcome of each equation of my MNL.

example: I get a predicted probability (say to move from employment to
unemployment) of 0.4:
what is the contribution (numerical) of each covariate I included in
my equation (suc as sex, individual age, etc.). Is it given by the
exponential of the coef I find in the STATA output? therefore by
summing/subtracting the exp of each coef I get my predicted of 0.4
(but there is also a standard error)

many thanks

On 2 June 2011 17:08, Richard Williams <> wrote:
> At 07:41 AM 6/2/2011, Chiara Mussida wrote:
>> Deal All,
>> I run mlogit estimates and thereafter the predict command to get the
>> predcted outcomes from the equations.
>> Is there the possibility to obtain the fitted values of the
>> coefficients of each covariate which determinne each predicted
>> outcome?
>> Thanks,
>> Chiara
> I don't understand the question Chiara. Are you saying that, for each case,
> you want X1B1, X2B2, etc.? Or what? Maybe you could give an example of what
> you are after.
> If you just want the coefficients, they are ereturned as e(b). If you want
> to do something with them, you could first do something like
> mat bmat = e(b)
> and then manipulate bmat as you wished.
> OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
> HOME:   (574)289-5227