st: Error: r(603) in Stata 11 while appending

From   Rasika Raghavan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Error: r(603) in Stata 11 while appending
Date   Thu, 2 Jun 2011 12:20:48 +0530

All,

I am running a loop where I have to append some 300 odd stata datasets
to a base dataset. While I run into no problem using Stata 10, I am
facing problems in Stata 11.

The error I am getting is "file all_1.dta cannot be opened", where
all_1 is the base dataset. Therefore no appending is happening.

The odd thing about it is that sometimes Stata runs it without any
problems, while sometime this sort of error comes up, with no changes
being made in the code.

Any idea on what could be the problem?

Thanks,
Rasika