Re: st: Prediction for fractional logit

Subject   Re: st: Prediction for fractional logit
Date   Tue, 31 May 2011 14:14:30 +0200

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 2:04 PM, S N  wrote:
> I am using glm in combination with the link(logit) family(binomial)
> robust options to estimate proportion [0,1] of households engaged in a
> specific activity. However, the predict command thereafter provides me
> with predicted values that takes the values outside [0,1]. What could
> I be doing wrong?

Hard to say without seeing exactly what you did. Please tell us
exactly what you typed and what Stata told you in return. With this
type of problem the devil is in the detail, so it is extremely
important that we know exactly what you typed. Also what version of
Stata are you using?

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie