Re: st: Replace with returned results in svy loop

To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu, statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Replace with returned results in svy loop
Date   Sun, 29 May 2011 21:16:19 -0500

At 06:53 PM 5/29/2011, Kate Schneider wrote:
Thank you so much Richard! It totally works! We can't get it to only
replace the missing values, but I think it is more valid to create a
new variable with the estimated value anyways. Thanks so much!

Kate

I'll take your word for it. :) I only looked at a small portion of the code and didn't try to figure out the rest. I'd be careful, though, if you aren't getting what you expected. You have to be pretty lucky to accidentally get a result that is better than the one you intended. Also, while I am not crazy about substituting the mean for missing data, I am even less crazy about substituting the mean for all the data, if that is in fact what you have done.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam