Re: st: rectangulizing data

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: rectangulizing data
Date   Thu, 26 May 2011 17:30:44 +0100

I think this might need to be

bysort ID year: egen obs = count(month)

-- perhaps after some work --

but as is agreed the example is unclear.

On 26 May 2011, at 16:52, Oliver Jones <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,
your example data structure is a bit confusing since you have month
greater than 12... I'll assume you have at most 12 Month per person
per year.

Maybe this can help to drop people how have less than 12 observations
for one particular year. Let's assume this year is 2006.

bysort ID: egen obs = count(Month)
drop if year == 2006 & obs < 12

Dose it work?

Best