st: interaction terms between binary and continuous variables in logistic regression

From   Philippe Girault <philgirault@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: interaction terms between binary and continuous variables in logistic regression
Date   Thu, 26 May 2011 21:10:11 +0700

Dear All,

I would need help with interaction terms and lincom command with STATA 11. Let’s say that the model (random effects logistic regression) includes a binary covariate labelled “drug” (0/1),  a continuous variable “visit” from 0 (baseline visit) to 24, and one interaction between these 2 covariates (p<0.05).

For the slope, i used the following lincom syntax:  lincom visit + c.visit#1.drug, or

Now, I would like to know the OR of drug use at visit 12. What would be the syntax for the lincom?

Thanks in advance for your help. All my best

Philippe