Re: st: auto macro for name of do file?

From   Phil Schumm <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: auto macro for name of do file?
Date   Wed, 25 May 2011 10:35:37 -0500

On May 25, 2011, at 10:07 AM, Paul Burkander wrote:
from an ado, I'd like to know the name of the do file that called it. Is there any type of predefined macro that automatically stores the do file name, analogous to S_FN for file names? Or is there any other way to do it that doesn't involve adding a macro to the do file?

As I noted in my response to your earlier question, you'll get better help if you describe what you're trying to do (in full), rather than just asking for help piecemeal along the way. For example, it sounds in this case like you may be trying to use an idiom from another language that doesn't apply in Stata, but there's no way we can tell that (or otherwise determine how best to help) if we don't know what you're trying to do.

-- Phil