Re: st: Fw: Multiple mediation

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Fw: Multiple mediation
Date   Tue, 24 May 2011 18:03:22 +0200

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 5:42 PM, Neusel, Emily E wrote:
> I have a question about a thread posted on Statalist re: use of sureg for multiple mediation (also demonstrated here:  Is there any way to perform this procedure with a binary outcome variable?

Unfortunately no. There are other solutions, e.g. -ldecomp- as
discussed in Buis (2010) or -khb-, multiple references of papers
discussing this method are given in the helpfile. You can find these
by typing -ssc install ldecomp- and -ssc install khb- respectively.

Hope this helps,

M.L. Buis (2010) "Direct and indirect effects in a logit model", The
Stata Journal, 10(1), pp. 11-29.

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen