Re: st: foreach for interaction term

From   Neil Shephard <>
Subject   Re: st: foreach for interaction term
Date   Tue, 24 May 2011 15:24:38 +0100

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Richard Goldstein
<> wrote:
> that is invalid syntax, just as Stata informed you; if you use "of" in
> your -foreach-, then you must include what it is (e.g., varlist); see
> the help file for -foreach-

...and I just perpetuated that error, sorry.  Instead try...

foreach x in ger bel chin usa uk it switz {
 gen interaction_`x' = `x'_ims * `x'brd

Apologies for the mistake.

“Truth in science can be defined as the working hypothesis best suited
to open the way to the next better one.” - Konrad Lorenz

Email -
Website -
Photos -