st: publish bug

From   "Dr. Bartus" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: publish bug
Date   Tue, 24 May 2011 16:14:42 +0200

Nick is right, if publish produces an error message please
contact me privately with a log file ...

publish is a work-in-progress, I am aware of several problems,
but I has not much time right now to fix them. This is why it is not sent to the SSC archive.

Tamas

On 11/05/24, Nick Cox  <[email protected]> wrote:

> This is probably a reflection of a line somewhere within -publish-  in
> which a Windows filename with embedded spaces is not handled within
> double quotes. It probably is to do with where Stata creates temporary
> files on your behalf, very likely off
>
> c:\Program Files\
>
> You can help Tamas by -set trace on- and sending him directly a log
> showing at which point the program failed.
>
> Nick
>
> On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Dougie Elder <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Dr. Bartus,
> >
> > I agree your program looks good, but when I try to use I get :
> >
> > . publish open e:\gprd\test2.doc ,as(doc)
> > (note: file e:\gprd\test2.doc not found)
> > invalid 'Files'
> > r(198);
> >
> > any thoughts ?
> >

> > On 24 May 2011 10:08, Dr. Bartus <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >> I wrote a program with Word users in mind, which is called publish and
> >> support summary statistics as well. Factor variables are supported.
> >>
> >> To install it, please type from within Stata:
> >>
> >>  net from "http://web.uni-corvinus.hu/bartus/stata";
> >>  net install publish , replace
>
> *
> *   For searches and help try:
> *   http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
> *   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
> *   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/

Tamas Bartus, PhD
Associate Professor, Institute of Sociology and Social Policy
Corvinus University, Budapest
1093 Budapest, Közraktár utca 4-6.
Phone:  +36-1-482-7301
Fax:      +36-1-482-7348