Re: Re : st: RE: Smith and Todd test

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re : st: RE: Smith and Todd test
Date   Tue, 24 May 2011 12:44:05 +0100

The Statalist FAQ, which you were asked to read to read before
posting, specifically asks you to give full references.

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/statalist.html#others

"Precise literature references please! Please do not assume that the
literature familiar to you is familiar to all members of Statalist. Do
not refer to publications with just minimal details (e.g., author and
date). Questions of the form “Has anyone implemented the
heteroscedasticity under a full moon test of Sue, Grabbit, and Runne
(1989)?” admittedly divide the world. Anyone who has not heard of the
said test would not be helped by the full reference to answer the
question, but they might well appreciate the full reference."