Re: st: RE: Histogram use value labels

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Histogram use value labels
Date   Tue, 24 May 2011 11:44:54 +0100

Example to show technique

. sysuse auto
(1978 Automobile Data)

. label def rep78 1 abysmal 2 poor 3 middling 4 good 5 outstanding

. label val rep78 rep78

. histogram rep78, discrete xla(1/5, valuelabel noticks) barw(0.6)

If your variable is really categorical, other programs address that
(e.g. -catplot- (SSC)).