st: RE: Don't use xtabond2 2.9.3!

From   DE SOUZA Eric <eric.de_souza@coleurope.eu>
Subject   st: RE: Don't use xtabond2 2.9.3!
Date   Tue, 24 May 2011 09:30:15 +0200

Austin Nichols posted yesterday that Kit  may be "out of touch the next few weeks".

Eric de Souza
College of Europe
Brugge (Bruges), Belgium
http://www.coleurope.eu

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of David Roodman (droodman@cgdev.org)
Sent: 24 May 2011 00:25
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: st: Don't use xtabond2 2.9.3!

The latest version of xtabond2 has a serious bug that will affect command lines including more than one "gmm()" or "gmmstyle()" option. It is version 2.9.3, dated April 22, 2011, and posted April 25. I have just sent the fixed version, 2.9.4, to Kit Baum for posting on SSC, so that should be available in a day or so. Older versions should be fine.

To see what version you have, type "which xtabond2". To get the latest, type "ssc install xtabond2, replace" and restart Stata. Then type "which xtabond2" to make sure it is not 2.9.3.

I'm very sorry about this problem. Thanks to Steve Bond for noticing it.
--David