st: relax the convergence criteria in ivprobit model

From   xueliansharon <>
Subject   st: relax the convergence criteria in ivprobit model
Date   Sat, 21 May 2011 14:28:46 -0700 (PDT)

When I run the ivprobit model in Stata, sometimes the ivprobit model doesn't
converge under the default convergence criteria, however, when I relax the
criteria a bit, e.g. relaxing it from 1e-7 to 2e-7, the model converges. And
when I try different sets of IVs, the coefficient estimates are quite

Are the coefficients gotten under such relaxed convergence criteria

Another question: in the help file of "maximize", it says that
"nrtolerance(#) specifies the tolerance for the scaled gradient.
Convergence is declared when g*inv(H)*g' < nrtolerance(). The default is
nrtolerance(1e-5)." However, when I run ivprobit in the reality, I find that
the default value for nrtol is (1e-7), not (1e-5). Any explanation about

Thanks for your response in advance.